It’s easy to build a blog, but maintaining it with posts and significant traffic is hard. If blogging was easy, everyone would be doing it. I’m not here to scare you away, but to help you if you are a new blogger! Here are five tactics to help boost your blog traffic!
1. KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE – Write posts that would influence your audience. Find out things they talk about on social media and tailor it to your post. Spark their interest.
2. USE BUFFER OR HOOTSUITE TO SCHEDULE POST – Buffer and Hootsuite are your best friends when it comes to blogging. This sharing platforms share your post for you on all social platforms while you are busy attending to other things so your followers don’t miss a post! You can schedule post far ahead to keep a consistent flow of post going down your social timeline.
3. SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA – There is nothing wrong in self-promoting your blog, so get out there and start sharing. I know you might be thinking “What are my friends and family going to think?” You can’t live worrying about what people are going to think. Not everyone is going to like or share and that’s ok but share anyway. Use all forms of social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.. to attract your audience. Interact with blog comments on all platforms. Don’t just fold your hands and stare! Instagram is my favorite network which is where I share most of my post.
BACK LAY IMAGE BY ASHLEY DESIGNS
4. JOIN BLOGGING COMMUNITIES IN YOUR STATE AND SOCIAL NETWORKS – These communities are great at keeping you motivated and driven when it comes to blogging. It’s a great way to connect with like-minded individuals. They share your post, inform you about blogging events and tips on how to improve your blog. There are so many blogging groups on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ that help share your post which makes it reach a wider audience from all over the globe.
5. ADD GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO YOUR BLOG – This will help you monitor and understand where your readers are from and how much traffic your blog is getting. You all also have numbers for brands who want to work with you.
6. COLLABORATE WITH OTHER BLOGGERS – Write a guest post on another blog and link it to each other’s blog. It’s a great way to interact and meet new bloggers in niche!.
All in all, be consistent and don’t give up!
With Love Always,