February 18th, 2017
Hey Loves! I finally crossed off one of my biggest goals this year attending New York Fashion Week thanks to Style Collective. It was a thrilling experience! If you are a style/fashion blogger you want to attend NYFW at least once in your blogging career. I am going to be sharing my experiences and tips below on how to attend NYFW like a boss 😀
1. Join a supportive community like Style Collective where you can attend NYFW with other fashion bloggers. Style Collective makes attending NYFW less stressful by providing access to several fashion shows and blogger events in New York, hotels and a fun brunch during New York Fashion Week. You are also surrounded by supportive bloggers who help attending shows less stressful. If interested in joining a supportive blogging community, I highly recommend Style Collective! You can join by clicking Here . We had a style collective brunch at Pennsylvania 6 NYC where we I got to meet all my style collective sisters. It was a really fun and great with lots food, drinks and Instagram worthy photos.
2. Although, I didn’t attend as many shows as I wanted, I was in New York for two days, so I was able to attend two shows Verdad and Custo Barcelona. It was a surreal experience seeing the shows live. You know you watch movies and one day dream about attending one these and just like that it comes to live. I actually made a video last year with my brother and one of my dreams was to attend NYFW with my brother and that was a possible this year. Also Planning, budgeting and writing your goals down really helps to achieve them. You can view Verdad’s Collection Here.
3. Attend a blogger event! I was able to attend ShopStyle Collective Social House. I got to New York late due to Inclement weather and only got to the end of the event. They had different brands available, food, champagne for bloggers, gifts, makeup and hair at the event, you could also borrow clothing to attend any of your NYFW Shows.
4. Anyone can attend NYFW but you have to network into getting to shows. Work hard, build your social followings and blog. Get some rest in between shows! Plan ahead what shows you would like to attend. I sent lots of emails to different designers. Find their PR contact and email them a few weeks before the show. Luckily with a supportive community like Style Collective, I had better access to attending just by stating I was a member.
Overall! It was an amazing experience. Thanks to ShopStyle Collective for providing the Milly over the shoulder Top at the Shopstyle social house event. I got so many compliments from where this top. I paired with a pleated skirt from H&M. You can shop my NYFW looks below. I hope you all are having a lovely weekend. Leave comment below if you are planning to attend NYFW at some point.
With Love Always,
November 30th, 2016
Prior to beginning your own blog, you may have thought that making it is just a piece of cake. You are not alone as a lot of people think that blogging only requires signing in to your account and having your articles published. However, you’ll soon realize that there’s more to these steps that a blogger is required to do to run a blog effectively.
No matter how much you try to avoid making any errors, this is part of the learning process, so expect that you would be making some. These mistakes are not considered as completely bad as long as you take advantage of the experience and knowledge you learn for your growth in blogging.
Since all bloggers started as beginners too, this means that those who began before you have made their own set of errors in blogging. Instead of making the same mistakes that they did, you could avoid these blunders by learning from them. For instance, while free blogs are enticing, you may want to invest in a paid one as it offers more customization and control that you need for starting your blog right.
We want you to run your site effectively by learning from the errors that other bloggers made when they were still starting. With this, we created this striking infographic listing the common mistakes that bloggers typically make when starting their own blog.
Familiarize yourself with the list on the illustration below:
This is a guest post by Sarah from Start Blogging Online.
I hope this were some helpful tips, but most importantly make sure you enjoy every part of your blogging journey! What are some of blogger mistakes that are missing on the list that you might add?
With Love Always,
You May Also Like – 6 Ways To Turn Creative Anxiety To Productivity
July 5th, 2016
It’s easy to build a blog, but maintaining it with posts and significant traffic is hard. If blogging was easy, everyone would be doing it. I’m not here to scare you away, but to help you if you are a new blogger! Here are five tactics to help boost your blog traffic!
1. KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE – Write posts that would influence your audience. Find out things they talk about on social media and tailor it to your post. Spark their interest.
2. USE BUFFER OR HOOTSUITE TO SCHEDULE POST – Buffer and Hootsuite are your best friends when it comes to blogging. This sharing platforms share your post for you on all social platforms while you are busy attending to other things so your followers don’t miss a post! You can schedule post far ahead to keep a consistent flow of post going down your social timeline.
3. SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA – There is nothing wrong in self-promoting your blog, so get out there and start sharing. I know you might be thinking “What are my friends and family going to think?” You can’t live worrying about what people are going to think. Not everyone is going to like or share and that’s ok but share anyway. Use all forms of social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.. to attract your audience. Interact with blog comments on all platforms. Don’t just fold your hands and stare! Instagram is my favorite network which is where I share most of my post.
4. JOIN BLOGGING COMMUNITIES IN YOUR STATE AND SOCIAL NETWORKS – These communities are great at keeping you motivated and driven when it comes to blogging. It’s a great way to connect with like-minded individuals. They share your post, inform you about blogging events and tips on how to improve your blog. There are so many blogging groups on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ that help share your post which makes it reach a wider audience from all over the globe.
5. ADD GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO YOUR BLOG – This will help you monitor and understand where your readers are from and how much traffic your blog is getting. You all also have numbers for brands who want to work with you.
6. COLLABORATE WITH OTHER BLOGGERS – Write a guest post on another blog and link it to each other’s blog. It’s a great way to interact and meet new bloggers in niche!.
All in all, be consistent and don’t give up!
With Love Always,
March 23rd, 2016
I have always dreamed of been a fashion blogger for many years. After years of contemplating and researching, I finally took the plunge. It’s been 6months now that I started blogging! It’s not for the faint of heart as you have to stay on your toes. I get so many questions about my blog design and how I started. So here are 4 tips to help you get started!
Here are 4 things to think about before taking the plunge!
1. BLOG CONTENT
You need to figure out your Niche, things that come naturally to you. It could be fashion, beauty, food, tech, DIY, blogging tips, fitness, entrepreneur advice, photography etc. If you are serious about blogging, creating quality content is Key, so your images, graphics, and writing have to stand out. Have some post ideas written down and research other blogs on things you can incorporate into your blog. Decide how often you want to post; once or twice a week or once every two weeks. However, this depends on the kind of content and/or traffic you want for your blog. Also, think about your audience, it’s ok if you don’t want to put yourself in a box. You can blog about everything, but have a niche that your audience can keep coming back too.
2. BLOG NAME
Brainstorm, write, create a blog name that describes you and what kind of content you would like to share. There are helpful tools on google such as website name generator, business name generator, domain name generator etc if you are having difficulty coming up with ideas or name for your blog.
3. WEB HOSTING
In order to monetize your blog you will need to register your domain name. You can get a free domain name by signing up with Blue Host which is a web hosting site. I currently use Bluehost for my site. There are different plans depending on your preferences. I use the plus plan because I do not like monthly payments, It is a three-year plan. After that, I have to renew it. You can sign up with BlueHost here. I currently use WordPress.org because I can add “ads” (advertisement) on my website unlike wordpress.com. WordPress.org is a self-hosting platform that allows affiliate links, Google Adsense, direct and sponsored advertisement, etc.
4. BLOG DESIGN
You will need an attractive blog design! If you are HTML savvy, you can do it yourself. If not, I recommend getting a pre-designed template. Have your blog designer customize it to your preference. There are so many blog design templates on Etsy.com. My Blog Design was made by Kortyna Bass check out her site Here
NOW YOU ARE READY!
I’m currently partnering with Blue Host, Are you ready to sign up?. Click on Blue Host ,web-hosting site Here . Everything is setup for you. Choose a plan, create your free domain name, and your blog is ready in 24hrs or less! You also have professional support from Blue host to keep your blog secured. Don’t forget to tell them I sent ya 🙂 Feel free to send me any questions you might have.
Look out for my next post on blogging platforms to join for monetizing your blog and social media tools to help improve blog traffic.
With Love Always,
FTC DISCLAIMER- This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a commission.