February 26th, 2017
With the start of the New Year, losing a few pounds is often high on many people’s “to do” list. You may even be thinking of trying the latest fad diet, joining a gym or a juice cleanse. As they always say! the key to losing weight starts in the kitchen. I am firm believer that you can eat anything you want, but in moderation. So what is Portion control you say?
POTION CONTROL is eating smaller, reasonable portions rather than over eating allows your lunch to energize and invigorate you instead of make you sluggish and sleepy.If you’re starving, you’re more likely to eat an extra-large portion. For most people, the best plan is to eat three well-designed meals and one snack. The new Rubbermaid balance meal kit allows for easy portion control planning. The containers are measured into cup sizes of right serving for each food group. The kit also includes a meal planning guide with recipes and food ideas. These containers are dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe.
I’ve rounded up some portion-control tricks which can help you get 2017 off to a great start and help you shed unwanted pounds. Many of these tricks are rooted in behavior change which serve as cues to gently remind us to eat mindfully, to eat more slowly, and to eat less.
I would love to hear your portion-control tips that have worked for you. Here’s to a happy and healthy 2017!
With Love Always! xoxo
You Might Also Like –The Silver Slip Dress
November 23rd, 2016
As we preparing our different meals for thanksgiving, Influenster sent me a complimentary tasty foodie vox box in exchange for a review. I hope you try this products during your thanksgiving feasting 😀
SO WHATS IN THE BOX?
1. French’s Original Crispy Fried Onions – Get the most our of your holiday season this year by eating good, and giving back. This holiday season your purchase of French’s Fried Onions will provide 1 million family meals through Feeding America. Whether you’re making a traditional Green Bean Casserole or a better version of mashed potatoes with our Crunchy Onion Bacon Potatoes, French’s Fried Onions has the solution for you.
2. Yogi Tea Green Tea Kombucha – this perfectly balanced tea combines Green Tea with Kombucha, Spearmint, Lemongrass and Plum and Passion Fruit flavors to provide antioxidants to support your overall health. Ingredients include – Organic Green Tea Leaf, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Spearmint Leaf, Natural Passion Fruit Flavor, Natural Plum Flavor, Organic Kombucha.
3.Country Crock Original Spread, 30z. – Country Crock Original Spread adds country fresh taste to family recipes and is made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt.
4. Smart Ones Chicken Pasta Broccoli Bowl –SMARTMADE meals are made like you make them, using techniques like grilling, roasting and smart swaps, such as white bean puree for cream or couscous for white pasta – just like you do at home. This pasta was so yummy.
5. Kashi GOLEAN Dark Cocoa Power – This is not just any chocolate shake, carefully crafted with high quality Fair Trade dark cocoa, this flavor fulfills your deepest chocolate desire.
6. SPLENDA Naturals Stevia Sweetener – a sugar in natural, no-calorie sweetener. Where some stevia sweeteners have a bitter aftertaste, SPLENDA Naturals is sweet without the calories. No Calories, added flavors or artificial ingredients
7. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce – the perfect blend of Flavor & Heat for your chicken, fries and any topping sauce.
So what was your favorite tasty vox item? Leave a comment down below!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy yummy foods with your family.
With Love Always
You Might Also like – 5 Tips To Creating Your Dream Closet
August 30th, 2016
Hello beautiful people! I hope you are having an amazing. We will be making dreamy mango and yogurt popsicles today. Summer is almost over, here is a quick, easy and healthy treat to share with your love ones. Let’s get started, shall We?
July 19th, 2016
I’ve been drankinnn‘ (Beyonce’s voice). If there were a scale for thirst-quenching fruits, watermelon would be off the charts. It’s more than 90 percent water! Watermelon is one of the best-looking smoothies on Instagram! The only thing better than a fresh watermelon on a hot summer day is a chilled watermelon smoothie! It is so easy to make, you can make it in your sleep. Let’s get started, shall we?
YOU WILL NEED:
1. 1/2 WATERMELON (OFCOURSE)
2. 1 ORANGE (SWEETENER)
3. CUCUMBER (DECORATIONS)
4. 1 CUP OF ICE
1. Slice your watermelon in half and cut into little chunks
2. Add Watermelon, Oranges and Ice into blender, Volia!
Watermelons are a good source of vitamin C and beta-carotene. What are you drinking this summer?
With Love Always,
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE – HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE FRUIT BOAT
July 11th, 2016
PINEAPPLES!!! I’m having too much fun with pineapple this season. Summer is all about tropical and exotic foods and drinks, so why not bring the vacation to your home. I should say this Pineapple Fruit Bowl is a tutorial than a recipe because it’s super easy to make. I used some of my favorite fruits or whatever fruits you prefer. This is a fun and happy kind of project for summer. Let us begin, shall we?
2. Carefully cut around the perimeter of the pineapple about 1/2inch from the rind with a sharp knife. The cut deeply down the middle to divide the flesh into quarters.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Continue to scrape and hollow out the pineapple. Reserve any juices and scooped out flesh for toppings.
4. Add your cut oranges, peaches, pineapples, strawberries into the pineapple bowl
5. Pour your pineapple juice over your fruit bowl and Enjoy!
I hope you are having an amazing summer so far! Can’t wait to see your pineapple fruit bowls.
With Love Always,
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE – BAKED EGG IN AVOCADO